TO SHOP THE LATEST BOW TIES IN BOTH SILK AND VELVET FROM LE NOEUD PAPILLON PLEASE CLICK HERE:
There are bow ties, and then there are bow ties. Some bow ties, like a black satin silk bow tie for evening wear, doesn't require a story. It's a pretty standard thing except that one differentiates between them by shape and by quality of fabric and workmanship.
Then there are the cocktail bow ties and day wear bow ties. These bow ties are very different bow ties because they usually tell you a lot more about the owner. A bow tie in itself is a statement. Wearing a bow tie with a story then takes that statement to another level. Our competitors make bow ties, in fact, some make excellent bow ties. But very few of them have a story behind each design. The difference between us and them is that we make every one of our limited edition silks have a story - so that when you make that statement, it's got something to say. Here's a little story about each of the models above.
Bow ties from top to bottom:
1. Gaudi's Family - a limited edition silk which features the stained glass motif of Gaudi's Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.
2. Aristotle - a rope design silk intended to have a nautical theme reminiscent of the romance of the 60's mega yachting crowd
3. Antoni - a tile I found in Gaudi's bedroom in Barcelona has been translated into a silk motif.
4. Solitude - Borrowing themes from cards and card playing, this silk has been woven on a purple wine coloured warp.
5. Top right, our new double sided tie made using a bow tie pattern. Ideal for cocktail or evening wear, it featured our limited edition on one side, and black mogador satin silk on the other.
The limited edition poker set above was designed by Le Noeud Papillon and made for us by Geoffrey Parker of London.
You can purchase our limited editions online at www.lenoeudpapillon.com