FIRST PRIZE PORTRAIT WINNER WILL RECEIVE $500.00 AUD
The Portrait Competition 2013 is now delcared open! Submissions will close on the 30th September 2013. All portraits for this competition will be either painted on canvas or using digital art programmes such as Illustrator, Photoshop, or my new personal favourite - the Procreate app.
The prize for the winner will be $500.00 Australian Dollars transferred or wired to your nominal account worldwide.
The rules of engagement are as follows:
- The portrait must be a self-portrait
- The portrait must be done using a digital graphics programme or else a photograph of a hand-made painting in either watercolour, oil, airbrush or canvas. No portrait in straight photography or with a simple filter will be accepted.
- The painting must include a bow tie and feature a shirt.
- The paintings (digital or digitally photographed stills of hand-made painting) must be submitted in a square image of exactly 1500 x 1500 pixels.
- All images must be sent to bow at le noeud papillon dot com.
- All entrants must be willing for their artwork to be used on our blog, website and or any other medium by which we advertise.
- We thoroughly suggest using the Procreate app on your ipad or iPad mini. Procreate is an award winning app making waves around the globe for artists and creatives as a way to paint and express themselves using modern technology. The programme operates on 64 bit to give you fantastic versatility. I thoroughly recommend using a stylus for additional control but you may use your fingers just as easily. The app is $5.49 approximately and can be downloaded from your app store.
- All images must be on a white background like the example shown below.
That being said, good luck and we look forward to seeing what you can create. You have plenty of time up your sleeve so don't be in a rush and let us know if we can be of any assistance. Happy painting!!!!
|Janus Regel, initial photo taken by Magnus Omme, used in Procreate app to make this sample artwork|