As far as I know, the vaporisateur or travel atomizer allowance is just within the confines of what can be taken on an international flight and from experience I have never been pulled up on it. Not once. It is the smallest and yet most intelligent accoutrement for the modern man and I am astonished that more men don't use them. The benefits are not only seen when travelling, they are seen every time you leave the house. In a world where men have become increasingly aware of VPL and metrosexual tendencies such as making sure your suit pants are not clogged with a wallet the size of your fathers circa 1987, the travel atomizer is a great way to stay smelling great right until the lights are turned on a the nightclub you frequent. Or perhaps in a business environment where you are at the tail end of a long day and you don't want to be remembered as the guy with a lingering smell, boom, out comes the atomizer, two sprays and you are back in business.
This might sound borderline ridiculous for a blog post but let me tell you a few critical times that I personally use my own travel atomizer, which I usually stow in my inside jacket pocket.
1. Business meetings
2. On the aeroplane
3. In the car (don't make me explain)
4. Out to dinner
5. Out for a drink on the town
6. Overseas travel days - ie: you are on the go all day and won't be back to the hotel till evening time.
7. Gym (because even your trainer doesn't want to smell you after a workout)
8. Pool - to mask the smell of chlorine
The beauty of the travel atomizer (vaporisateur in French) being only $20 is that you can have say four of them running different perfumes at any one time. A the moment I own two, and I highly recommend the two scents I am currently wearing.
1. Hermès Cologne (Unisex) - Eau De Pampelmousse Rose - Approx $140.00
2. Creed Virgin Island Water - See Harrolds Menswear Sydney
And, although I am getting tired of always plugging A Suitable Wardrobe, it's the only reliable way to get them delivered to your door fast although there is a perfume shop in Leura (Blue Mountains, NSW) that sells them. If you sell travel atomizers in Australia online, email us on www.lenoeudpapillon.com .
1. La Travel Vaporisateur By L'Artisan Parfumer
2. Penhaligons Travel Atomizer:
|Two travel atomizers, 1 after 3 years of travel, the other just out of the box. Two scents I recommend, Virgin Island Water and Eau De Pampelmousse Rose|